Experience World-class Golf In An Out-Of-This-World Environment
Rated 4 ½ stars by Golf Digest, this spectacular Alabama golf course was expertly conceived, crafted, and etched among the panoramic ridges, valleys, bluffs and stream of beautiful Blount County in north-central Alabama.
Created by nature and designed by U.S. Open winner Jerry Pate, Limestone Springs is testament to the exceptional combination of technical expertise and creative talent. With its dramatic changes in elevation, an abundance of natural creeks and streams, hillside outcroppings of limestone, and scenic ridges and valleys, Limestone Springs provided the perfect canvas for Jerry Pate.
This par 72 course plays approximately 7,000 yards from the championship markers, but offers four separate tees for golfers of all levels. Pate set out to design a course that consistently provided a formidable challenge for golfers at every level.
At Limestone Springs, you’ll find many elevated tees providing spectacular panoramic views down twisting and turning fairways. You’ll find free-flowing streams as well as numerous man-made lakes that pose one hazard after another – but never dampen the spirit. You’ll see indigenous hardwoods, towering southern pines, and lush vegetation that create natural borders and boundaries. And, most importantly, you’ll play on some of the most pristine bentgrass greens in Alabama, surrounded by sugar-white bunkers that provide the superb playability for which all world-class golf courses are known.
Following its opening in the summer of 1999, Golf Digest ranked Limestone Springs as one of the top 10 Upscale Golf Course Designs in the United States. Golf Digest and Golfweek continue to give Limestone Springs well deserved accolades.
- No. 1 Rated Public Access Course in Alabama 2004, 2006-2009 - GolfWeek Magazine
- Top 5 Courses in Alabama 2001-2008 - GolfWeek Magazine
- Rated 4.5 Stars 2002-2009 - Golf Digest Magazine
- Top 10 Public Access under 2000 Rounds 2003-2004 - Golf Digest Magazine
- #77 in Top 100 Public Golf Courses in America 2003-2004 - Golf Digest Magazine
- #1 Public Access and Resort Category Course in Alabama 2003,2004,2006,2007 - Golf Digest Magazine
- Best Course in Alabama 2004 - Golf Digest Magazine
- #64 of America's 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses 2005 - Golf Digest Magazine
- America's Top Golf Courses 2004-2008 - Zagat's Survey
- #5 Best Golf Course (private &/or public) in Alabama 2005 - Golf Digest Magazine
- #2 America's Best: State-By-State Public Access Courses 2005 - GolfWeek Magazine
- Nation's Top 10 Newest Courses 1999 - Golf Digest Magazine
- Best Overall Value Public Golf Course 2005 - Birmingham Magazine
- Best Golf Value in Alabama 2005 - Alabama Live Magazine
- Best Places to Play in Alabama for Buddy Trips 2007 - T + L Golf
- No. 85 Best Residential Golf Courses in America 2007 - GolfWeek