Commonly Asked Questions

Q:  Do I have to be a member to book an event at The Crossings at Carlsbad?
A:  The Crossings at Carlsbad is a public golf course, so everyone is welcome to hold an event at our club.

Q:  Can you accommodate an event in a tent at The Crossings?
A:  Absolutely, we have a lower event lawn that can accommodate a tent for 300 and an upper event lawn that can accommodate 150.  However we do not have a tent on either area and a  rental for the tent would be an additional charge.
Q:  Do you offer a shuttle service for event guests?
A:  We do not offer shuttle service but we can arrange transportation through our local vendors or provide you with their information.
Q:  Do we have to use approved vendors when we book at your club?
A:  We have vendors that we recommend and work with on a regular basis, but you are welcome to bring in any other professional vendors you like.
Q:  Does amplification come with the ceremony fee for a wedding?
A:  We do not offer amplification for the ceremony site.  Typically the DJ or musician would organize this.  However our ceremony fee includes: white padded chairs, white wicker arch, white aisle runner, set up, break down as well as additional time for the ceremony and a time dependent rehearsal.
Q:  Does the Crossings have a room available for the Bride and Groom to get ready?
A:  Yes, we have a ladies and a men’s locker room that are available to you.
Q: Will the golf course be open during my event?
A: The golf course is open from dawn until dusk and our golf shop has specific hours dependent upon the time of the year.
Q:  What size tables do you use to seat guests and how many fit at each table?
A:  We typically seat guests at 72” rounds that seat 8-12 guests with chiavari chairs and 8-10 guests with our house chairs.   We do have 66” rounds available upon request that seat 6-10 guests with chiavari chairs and 6-8 guests with our house chairs.
Q: What time can vendors access the space for set up prior to an event?
A: Vendors can access the room 2 hours prior. View List of Recommended Vendors
Q:  Can I leave my decorations and gifts to pick up the next day?
A:  Unfortunately no; all personal items must be removed at the conclusion of your event as we do not have proper storage.
Q: How many tables will fit into the Canyons with a dance floor?
A: We can fit 18 tables with a dance floor.
Q: Can I have my friend be my day of coordinator for my wedding even though she is not a professional but will be there to set up items?
A: Only if she is licensed and insured as well as a professional coordinator and will not be attending your wedding as a guest. This is an important part of your wedding and we want to ensure it is in capable hands and that they are dedicated to your day and not trying to also partake in the festivities.
Q: Do you provide a meal for the vendors?
A: Typically when you finalize your event you would order a meal for any vendors that would need one. We typically offer the vegetarian option at $32++.
Q: Is there tax on the service charge?
A: Yes, in the State of California we are required to charge sales tax on our service charge.
Q:  Can I bring in outside Catering to The Crossings?
A: We do offer an Outside Catering Package that is available on certain dates and times. Please inquire for more information.
Q: What are the time frames for weddings? 
A: Afternoon- 10:00am to 3:00pm or Evening-5:00pm to 10:00pm, *6:00pm to 11:00pm, *7:00pm to 12:00pm.) *Additional fees may apply for events over 5 hours.
Q: Do you allow live music, bands, or DJ’s on the premises for an event? 
A: Yes, our special events coordinator will assist you with your requirements and arrangements.

Q: Is The Crossings wheelchair accessible/ADA compliant? 
A: Yes, the event lawn and the clubhouse are wheelchair accessible and compliable with ADA (American with Disabilities Act) regulations. 

Q: Where can I get a list of ideas already used at the Crossings at Carlsbad so I don't have to start from scratch? 
A: Check out our
Overview and Real Wedding Photos for some creative ideas and then customize to make it your own.

Q: Where do we obtain a wedding license in the state of California?
A: Visit the California Department of Public Health website.

If you have additional questions not listed above, please send an email to Sara Rader at