Upcoming Events August/September
When you're looking for something different, you'll find real variety @ the G. Whether a 9 hole league,
charity event, or gauntlet social, we have a lot to offer this fall. Click the button to learn more.. oes here.ext Goes here.
photo courtesy of Tom Pishock - Hole #10
Hole #12 Green - Taken (8/3/2019) Kayla Weaver
Summer on the golf course - What to expect in the coming weeks.
From USGA - Smmer is prime golf season for many of us, with long days and warm temperatures providing plenty of opportunities to get out on the course. For superintendents, delivering the best playing conditions possible during this busy season involves a delicate balancing act between the demands of play and the impacts of harsh summer weather.
Here are a few things every golfer should know about summer playing conditions:
- During summer, it’s not uncommon to encounter members of the maintenance staff using sprinklers or hoses to water key areas of the golf course.
- Venting aeration is a common practice at many golf courses during the summer months. It involves creating small holes or slices in the putting surface to encourage air and water movement. Venting promotes healthy roots by increasing oxygen in the soil and it can help dry out wet putting greens. This process may occur every few weeks during the summer, and while it looks disruptive as it’s being done, you will hardly notice any impact on green speed or smoothness.
Update on the next 3-6 weeks
at the Gauntlet:
- verticut & topdress, but possibly aerification if weather is decen.
- sod spots on 8 green - already started.
- topdress approaches during aerification
- fertilize roughs
- continue to sod and replaces bare spots on approaches throughout the rest of the year
Join the Team - PGA JR LeagueFall Registration is Open!
13 & Under / 10 Spaces are open.
Informational Meeting (Tuesday, August 27 @ 5:30 p.m. Practice every Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. thru October.
Questions: Contact Coach Kayla - email@example.com