Jefferson Park Golf Course is now
powered by Toptracer Range!
Crossroads Par 3 GC
- Jefferson Park Golf Course is now powered by Toptracer Range! Have you stopped by to try it yet? - More
- Now is the time to join a club and establish your handicap! 2019 Club Memberships at all Premier Courses are now available - More
- Cedarcrest GC - Register now for the upcoming PGC Irish Scramble on Saturday, March 16th - More
- Attn: Junior Campers! Seattle's 2019 Spring Break Junior Camps are now available - Register Today - More
- Crossroads Par 3 Golf Course reopens on March 8th! Crossroads is great for families, beginners, and those that want to work on their short game. Come check it out - More
- Did you know that Bellevue GC offers a Junior & Teen Academy? The classes are designed for ages 6 - 17 to gain experience, skills and tools they can use on the course throughout their lives - More
Steve Yang, PGA Professional
Golf Tip from Steve Yang, PGA Professional at Bellevue Golf Course
Improving Club Awareness
Golfers often find themselves confused as to what is going wrong with their swing. When you find yourself in a funk or your swing doesn’t feel quite right, try this drill to improve your club awareness.
Drill: Slow motion swings- One golf swing should take at least 30 seconds and at the first stage does not require hitting balls. The point of the drill is to become more aware of how your body and your club are working together to then move the ball. It helps to work in front of a mirror to see your body positions. Even though there is no ball imagine where it would be and try and notice how your club comes towards the ball, what the club looks like when it meets the ball and what the club does through the ball.
When you are ready to start hitting some balls, go to the range and start off at half speed or slow enough that you can be totally aware of how your club is moving. Once you hit some solid shots, work your speed up. If your body movement is correct, it should not matter how slow or fast your swing is.
To book a lesson with Steve - Click here.
For more information on Teen, Junior, and Adult Instruction Programs with Steve - Click here
To book a lesson with a Premier Golf Instructor near you, click here or call 206-254-6543 for more information.